If you’re not a professional writer, but think that you might want to be, where do you start? How do you get something published?
Here are a few tips for where to start when you have something to say and want to see it in print.
- Know your goals.
- Join a writers’ critique group.
- If you’re not sure of your writing mechanics, hire an experienced copyeditor to show you how to improve.
- Learn about the writing, editing, and publishing industry.
- Accept the fact that there are standard procedures and timetables in the publishing industry.
- Get involved with writers’ groups and professional associations.
- Enjoy the process.
You can read the full post at Words Into Books.